The first pass of editing is now complete. All the scenes have been assembled in the right order with the emphasis on the picture rather than the sound.
We have reviewed the film end to end and have made 3 pages of notes on what to cut, what to lengthen and what still needs film.
We each have a list of things to complete before the next edit is assembled for watching.
At this stage it should be ready to pass to our music composer and then start the process of tidying up the sound and dubbing the bits we’ve missed.
Still lots to do…
After our inclement weather early finish we have now hopefully completed all the filming. We had an interesting session focusing on cycling and making use of drone technology to try and get a different feel for some of the shots and scenes. Massive thanks to Allan Dixon for his expertise and kit.
It is now time for Darren to weave his editing magic and stitch everything together. I have to say that it has been a real pleasure working with Leah and Sam who have produced some awesome performances and been a dream to direct.
Next step will be Darren, Jess and myself getting together to monitor this process and put our ten Pennyworth in.
After 6 days of continual filming we were finally beaten by the British weather with only one more day to go.
Most of the film is now in the can and have had to schedule the next bit in September to suit everyone’s diaries. Let’s hope the weather is kind to us then.
The Team worked very well together by the end of the week and have got some great footage. It takes a while to find a rhythm that works for everyone.
We’ve had our fair share of technical problems along the way. One day we didn’t record sound correctly. We also had monitor problems too. The cable broke, the replacement didn’t have the right address on it, when it did arrive the monitor stopped working and then on the final day it rained stopping all filming. It’s a wonder we managed to record anything.
With only 4 more small scenes to record, the end is in sight. Basic editing has already begun to try and find anything we’ve missed and at the moment we’re on track for getting the film complete for Christmas. Just got to learn the best way to dub our sound.
Hello! We haven't written a post in a while so I thought we'd better check in!
Filming on location this week. In true British style the weather hasn't always been kind so a few last minute schedule changes for the week. On top of the weather filming outside also has us up against dogs, planes, children and other summer holiday noise. We filmed some very excited scenes yesterday which I'm sure will help the film go out with a bang!
Just a quick thank you to the local business and people who have supported us and our needs.
Another successful evenings filming is now in the can as they say (on a memory card these days).
We had to re-shoot one shot from the week before due to a problem with the angle, luckily the light levels were similar and were able to manoeuvre vehicles in the background to allow us to match from the week before.
We also filmed our car cut aways from the previous weeks scenes completing the filming for those scenes.
We then filmed our last scene in that location. We didn’t manage to film everything we had planned due to the light fading but have enough to complete.
Sound at this location has proved very tricky due to traffic noise and air conditioning hum. Hopefully we can filter some of these out at the editing stage.
We now have one more rehearsal before people go on their summer holidays, the majority of the filming is then planned for mid-August.